You’ve heard (ad nauseum, probably) about replacing your DUNS number with the unique entity identifier (UEI) by December 2020. Contractors will request and be assigned the new identifiers through SAM.gov. (To learn more about the transition, click here.) (GSA Interact, December 10, 2019)
Contractor award data, including UEI data, interfaces with many systems outside of the government interface. To assist contractors as well as other agencies, GSA published a first and second set of UEI/EVS specifications. For instance, Group 1 includes:
- beta.SAM Entity Management. APE has updated schemas for a second version of the API. The second version allows systems to pull information automatically. Differences between versions are marked as v1 (current version) or v2 (future version). Specs may be found here.
- New EVS and UEI changes will not be updated to SAM Entity Management Web Services. Users of this web service should migrate to beta.SAM Entity Management API to retrieve UEI and new EVS information.
- The SAM public RESTful API will not be updated to incorporate UEI or new EVS changes. Users of RESTful API should migrate to beta.SAM Entity Management API to retrieve new EVS and UEI information.
Group 2 includes:
- The beta.SAM Exclusions. API has updated schemas for version 2, which allows interfacing systems to pull information about the exclusions automatically. Differences between the versions are marked as v1 for the current version and v2 for the future version. Specs may be found here.
- The SAM Exclusions Search Web Services will not be updated to incorporate UEI or new EVS changes. Users of this web service should move to the beta.SAM Exclusions API in order to retrieve UEI and new EVS information concerning exclusions via interface.
The public will continue to receive UEI/EVS specifications as they are updated. IAE will release its testing plan by 30 December 2019. Additionally, IAE will complete the issuance of updated technical specifications interfacing systems. Contractors should start developing plans to allow for the interface changes and begin development for testing with IAE. (ibid)
Users with questions specific to interface testing should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Users with questions specific to the SAM-generated UEI or entity validation services should contact email@example.com. (ibid)