Schedule 736 hits the refresh button
It’s happening again. Any comments concerning the refresh must be submitted by March 26th, 10 business days after the official notification of the refresh was announced. (GSA Interact)
The updates for GSA Region 2, enhancing schedule 736 Temporary Administrative and Professional Staffing (TAPS), are as follows:
- An Ordering Guide has been prepared for Schedule 736 to assist customers with their acquisition decision. The Ordering Guide may be accessed at: https://www.gsa.gov/tempservices or https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/General_Supplies__Services/ordering-guide-master-may-3.pdf
- Distinguishes which SINs include both Wage Grade (SCA) Rates and Professional Labor Rates and provides a complete list of the occupational categories available under each SIN by providing a link to the SCA Directory of Occupations Fifth Edition: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/wage/SCADirV5/SCADirectVers5.pdf
- Provides clarification about the relevant CFR regulations regarding the maximum time limits for the use of temporary staffing firms. In accordance with 5 CFR § 300.504,
(a) Time limit on use of temporary help service firm. An agency may use a temporary help service firm(s) in a single situation, as defined in § 300.503, initially for no more than 120 workdays. Provided the situation continues to exist beyond the initial 120 workdays, the agency may extend its use of temporary help services up to the maximum limit of 240 workdays.
- SIN descriptions have been simplified and classified according to major Occupational Classes. A link under each SIN provides access to the SCA Directory.
- New pricing templates to simplify price proposals. These vendor pricelists distinguish between Wage Grade labor rates and Professional labor rates.
- Additional NAICS secondary codes have been added to identify major sub-categories such as Court Reporting. (ibid)
None of these changes require modification to contracts or change the original contract scope. GSA says this refresh helps to make the Schedule more clearly comprehensible for industry partners and agencies. Vendors may update their price lists as necessary. (ibid)
GSA has also announced a webinar to review the Schedule 736 changes, for Wednesday, March 27th, 3:00 PM EST. Access the webinar on the following link:meet.google.com/doo-extp-yck(ibid)
If you’re not certain about how your contract is affected by this refresh, give us a call at 301-913-5000, and we will help.