GSA is moving quickly to enact several initiatives while responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because the current state of emergency necessitates the Federal Acquisition Service to purchase medical supplies and other equipment at a fast clip, Contracting Officers have no choice but to react with a fair amount of speed and flexibility. (Federal News Network, May 1, 2020)
- changing policies for prompt payment and onboarding/offboarding of contractors
- construction of the new e-commerce marketplace platform, which was paused during the first few weeks of the pandemic, is now moving forward, albeit at a much slower pace
- monitoring other initiatives possibly impacting by the pandemic, such as Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS)
- continuing corrective actions on Alliant 2 revised proposals
- expanding the small business innovation research (SBIR) program, part three
Some government markets, like travel, have declined; however cleaning products and enhanced screening services have increased exponentially. (ibid)
Any questions about getting your product or service in front of government buyers? Give us a call.