You’re used to it, right? So it’s time to change! As of July 2019, the FAS Sales Reporting Portal (SRP) replaces our familiar 72A reporting system for GSA Schedule sales and Industrial Funding Fees (IFF) remission. Terms and conditions remain the same. And if you have an active claim, your contract will be held in the 72A system for now. (GSA Interact, March 18, 2019)
A three-step process directly impacts when and where a company reports sales over the next two reporting periods as well as the migration of historical data. The three steps are as follows:
Step 1: Reporting April 2019 sales and remittance of any IFF in the 72A System
- When: April 1, 2019, through April 30, 2019
- Contractor Action: Companies are now in the reporting period that covers January 2019 through March 2019. This is the last time companies will report sales and remit IFF, in the legacy 72A System. After this cycle, all reporting will take place in the FAS Sales Reporting Portal.
- Change: None. There is no change to the current reporting process for FY19 Q2 reporting.
- Impact: This will be the final time companies report in 72A and all future reporting will be in the FAS SRP. (ibid)
Step 2: Transition to the FAS Sales Reporting Portal
- When: Starting May 1, 2019
- Contractor Action: Contracts will be visible in the new system as of May 1, 2019. At that time, go to the FAS SRP website and register for the required multi-factor authentication process. Anyone listed on a contract as an IFF POC, Contract Administrator, or Authorized Negotiator can register for access into FAS SRP. (Access to the portal does not require digital certification.) Registration to the portal begins May 1, 2019, and runs through the first time a company reports sales in the FAS SRP.
- Change: Contracts will be moved to the FAS Sales Reporting Portal (SRP).
- Impact: Effective July 2019, companies will report all sales and remit any owed IFF in the FAS SRP, covering the reporting period from April 2019 through June 2019. (ibid)
Step 3: migration of Historical Data from 72A to the FAS SRP System
- Contractor Action: None
- Change: Once April 2019 sales and IFF are reported into the 72A System, GSA is migrating all historical sales and payment record into the FAS SRP.
- Impact: All historical records will be held in the FAS SRP. This will be maintained for the life of the contract. (ibid)
Note: Sales adjustments will no longer be allowed in 72A after April 1, 2019. (ibid)
Not so onerous, really, but we understand you may have questions. Please feel free to call us at 301-913-5000.