GSA used industry feedback from over 90 current schedule holders and prospective contractors, who completed the MAS Modification Guidance RFI, to create the final MAS Modification Guidance. (GSA Interact, March 6, 2020)
Here’s a quick recap of the MAS Modification Guidance RFI findings:
- Approximately 91% of participants find the guidance clear for various types of modifications
- 93% agree the guidance will benefit industry.
- Approximately 75% find the price proposal template instructions clear.
- 60% feel the price proposal template will not add an additional burden. (ibid)
Based on industry feedback, the following guidance updates are now in effect:
- Updates to the actual guidance document to improve the flow.
- Addition of an Executive summary section describing what to expect after a modification submission.
- Clarification of requirements. (ibid)
Industry feedback guided the following price proposal template changes:
- Improved instructions for the Price Proposal Template.
- A glossary was added.
- Additional instructions for contractors with large catalogs.
- Designed sample Price Proposal Templates including examples of different modification possibilities. (ibid)
Some commonly asked questions from the RFI:
- How do contractors participate in the Transactional Data Reporting (TDR) pilot? Contractors can opt to participate in TDR by submitting an eMod request. Please review the requirement for TDR on the Vendor Support Center carefully, as it is not possible to opt-out of TDR once you opt-in.
- Does a modification to participate in TDR need to be processed before a contractor can omit information related to the Basis of Award/Most Favored Customer (BOA/MFC) in the price proposal template/modification guidance? Yes.
- Does GSA intend to standardize the modification guidance according to North American Industry Specific Classification (NAICS) code and/or Special Item Number (SIN), or will the guidance be the same for all MAS contract holders? The MAS Modification Guidance will be the same for all MAS contract holders and will allow flexibility for Large Category, Subcategory, and SIN requirements.
- How is GSA ensuring consistent interpretation and application of MAS Modification Guidance by contracting personnel? Training will be ongoing for GSA’s internal workforce. GSA is looking to build consistency and continuously improve the modification process across the MAS program.
- Are contractors required to perform market research when submitting the Price Proposal Template (PPT)? No, but may consider in order to be competitive.
- Which Contracting Officer/Contracting Specialist (CO/CS) will a contractor with multiple contracts work with? Contractors will work with the CO/CS assigned to each individual contract. (ibid)
GSA expects the conversation to be ongoing with industry partners and contractors through emails and various industry days. Changes and updates will continue as necessary.
Questions about the Price Proposal Templates or the recent Mass Mods? Give us a call.