GSA is accepting demos for the revised the Schedule 36 Electronic Records Management (ERM) Vendor Demo Process. (GSA Interact, June 4, 2019)
This month, GSA updated the original September 2018 notice regarding ERM demos, removing the GSA-recorded demo option. Vendors interested in participating in the demo presentation process must now record their presentations and provide its link to GSA. Once the demo presentation is approved, GSA will post the link to their Discovery tool. (ibid)
Discovery allows customers to explore GSA services contracts, vendors, and vendor contract history. Customers use this information to determine whether a GSA contract meets their needs. Within the next few months, Discovery should be loaded with current ERM vendor contract information.; at that time, contract holders will be notified. While the tool is being updated, vendors may submit their demo link via email to RecordsManagement@gsa.gov.
GSA wants vendors to create demos for the following:
- ERM.010.L1.02. Determine if the electronic message can be placed under records management control
- ERM.020.L1.02. Manage the metadata of an electronic message record throughout the lifecycle
- ERM.030.L1.02. Dispose of approved electronic message records (ibid)
For additional information regarding the use cases, please see Records Express and the Federal Electronic Records Modernization Initiative (FERMI) website. (ibid)
GSA Guidelines for Demos
- All scenarios should last no longer than five minutes, with an introduction of up to five minutes. Maximum running time for each demo should be no more than 20 minutes; shorter demos are encouraged.
- GSA strongly encourages Section 508 compliance for all vendor demos.
- Data must be included at the beginning of the demo presentation
- The types of electronic messages to address are email, SMS/MMS, and chat messages
- Include as much automation as possible as agencies are looking to reduce the number of steps for end users to manage their electronic messages. Be certain to describe where people are involved in managing electronic messages.
- Traditional, Hosted, Embedded and ERMaas are the types of approaches to records management.
- Do not mention competitor names in your demo presentation.
- Do not mention federal or commercial customers or reveal, in any way, other customers, for any reason. (ibid)
NARA/GSA Demo Submission, Review, and Approval
The submitted link or pdf should allow access to all updated or new video demos in the future. Please keep in mind that before any new demos are added to a vendor’s site or channel, they must be submitted to email@example.com for review. Once approved, vendors can add the demo to their site/channel. Unauthorized demos will be removed from Discovery. GSA is asking for vendors to submit their demos as soon as possible. (ibid)
Release of the Vendor Demo Videos
- Video on Demand
- Hyperlinks to the Use Cases will be posted to GSA’s Discovery Tool
- There may be a short period of time between the video approval and the video being posted on Discovery. GSA reserves the right to post videos in the order they are received.
Questions about these guidelines? Give us a call at 301-913-5000.