GSA has issued a final rule amending the following parts of the GSA Acquisition Regulation (GSAR):
- Part 515, Contracting by Negotiation,
- Part 538 Federal Supply Schedule Contracting
- GSAR Part 552, Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses (GSA Interact, June 3, 2019)
The above changes were enacted to clarify, update, streamline and incorporate existing Federal Supply Schedule contract administration policies and procedures. The final rule became effective on May 23, 2019. (ibid)
Changes include the following:
- deletion of 85 obsolete/duplicative clauses and provisions (see GSA Order ADP 29800.12B Change 100)
- incorporation of 30 “new” clauses and provisions into GSAR.
- reincorporation of four GSA Schedules program clauses and provisions (previously removed from GSAR in a rewrite) into GSAR.
- updating 10 existing GSA Schedules program clauses and provisions to reflect current references and practices. (ibid)
The above changes will be part of GSA’s new Consolidated Schedule solicitation. More information to follow in the coming months.
If you have questions about the GSAR rule amendments will affect your contracts, give us a call at 301-913-5000.