GSA is extending the transition period for Contract Data reports in beta.SAM.gov. We don’t have a final transition date yet, although it’s expected later this year. This applies only to the reports function of FPDS.gov; everything else will remain as is. (GSA Interact, May 12, 2020)
GSA wants users to familiarize themselves with beta.SAM.gov while reports are available on both platforms. Furthermore, they want users to provide input on running reports. GSA is providing videos, FAQs, and reference guides to assist with the transition. (ibid)
GSA sees the following benefits to beta.SAM.gov:
- Increased maximum number of rows returned from 30,000 to 150,000 rows in each report
- Increased maximum number of years of reportable data from five years to 12 years
- Additional data fields available for creating ad hoc reports
- Tools for sharing ad hoc report structure with others, such as attributes and filters
- Report Builder, a “wizard” that helps create new ad hoc reports
- Intuitive tools to build, save, and share reports (ibid)
GSA used earlier feedback to determine the need for additional time before making the final transition to beta.SAM.gov. They will continue to take all feedback into consideration while transitioning. Any user can still use the feedback button to participate.
Trying to figure out if your reports will change and if you can retrieve them on the new platform? Give us a call.