GSA and the Small Business Administration are teaming up!
GSA is partnering with the Small Business Administration (SBA) to increase 8(a) contracting opportunities. The partnership makes it virtually effortless for GSA customers to use the MAS program to access various solutions from 8(a) contractors. (BUY.GSA.GOV l Interact November 18, 2022)
Once the implementation is complete the PA provides these benefits:
- Increased opportunities for 8(a) contractors, allowing these contractors competition in a safe set-aside environment.
- Accessibility to 8(a) contractors and various socioeconomic contractors, thus allowing for a vast range of products and services.
- Increased ordering flexibility under the MAS Program.
- Streamlined acquisition processes, thus incentivizing agencies to use 8(a) solutions.
- GSA and SBA standardized processes for reaching an agreement on acquisition strategies. (ibid)
GSA is looking at a spring 2023 implementation of the Partnership Agreement. (ibid)
Are you an 8(a) contractor or have questions concerning your 8(a) contractor status? Give us a call.