Marketing Tip of the week: Expiring Contracts
When a government contract ends, there is a likelihood that the particular agency will again need the things they bought before. Like a yearly grocery list, they buy the same types of things over and over again.
Knowing contract end dates are essential to winning new business. By researching for existing contracts that will be expiring in the next 6 months, you’ll be able to determine:
- the status of the current project
- if it’s going to be up for “re-compete”
- what the incumbent did to win the original
- the likely parameters of the forthcoming RFP
- the strengths and weaknesses of your competition
—and you’ll have this information well in advance of the RFP, giving your team ample time to prepare .
For more information or for research and marketing assistance, call EZGSA @301-913-5000